For most men, having a beard represents masculinity, so they take pride in growing a full moustache or beard. In some countries, culture dictates that growing a beard for men symbolizes power. Growing a full beard or a mustache, however, does take extra patience and perseverance, especially that the rate of growth will heavily depend on a man’s testosterone level and genetic factors. If you want to know how to make your beard grow faster than its usual growth rate, you can gather some tips below. Just don’t get easily discouraged if your beard does not grow as quickly as you want it to be, but following these simple tips will help.
Tips to growing your beard faster:
- Exfoliate your facial skin once a week. This will help eliminate dead skin cells and promote hair growth.
- Wash your face with warm water using a mild facial cleanser twice daily. Clean facial skin stimulates hair growth.
- Eucalyptus facilitates fast growth of facial hair, so when using a moisturizer, choose one with eucalyptus as the main ingredient. Gently do some strokes on the area where beard grows to stimulate fast growth of hair.
- Get enough sleep as this helps in repairing damaged skin cells and promote beard growth.
- There are certain vitamins and minerals that facilitate faster growth of your beard. Consider eating foods rich in vitamins A, B, C and E to help speed up hair growth.
- Watch out for ingrown hair as beard does not grow evenly if ingrown hair is present on the face.
- A dosage of 2.5 mg of biotin daily helps speed up beard growth.
- Manage stress levels as it can hamper growth of facial hair when you are having bad stress. Beard grows fast when you are relaxed.
- Increase protein in your diet. Fish, egg, red meat and nuts are rich in protein that helps facial hair grow faster.
- Try not to shape or trim your facial hair very often. Only start grooming your beard after 6 six weeks when it is full grown. In the meantime, just do regular facial hair care regimen.
- Facial massage helps a lot in improving blood circulation on the face, which in turn also improves growth of new hair.
- Shaving every day does not prove that it makes beard grow faster each day. Wherever you got this tip, it’s a myth as no scientific research will prove it.
- Skin rashes or itchiness is but natural during the early stages of beard growth. When you experience this, don’t scratch it as your facial skin may get irritated. Just apply hydrocortisone cream on the itchy part.
- In case you haven’t heard of amla oil, it is a natural remedy to increase facial hair growth. Amla oil is applied and massaged on the face then left to sit for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing the face with cold water.
How do you grow a beard and grow it fast?
Take care of your body
How does taking care of your body relate to growing your beard faster? Well, it is because the condition of your facial hair is directly dependent or related to your body’s overall health. You can start by choosing healthier foods, particularly protein-rich foods like eggs, beans and fish.
Stress is a big factor that inhibits facial hair growth. It can even lead to hair loss. Manage daily stress by getting a regular exercise and adequate hours of sleep. Proper exercise improves blood circulation and promotes facial hair growth. The use of facial scrub or exfoliant once a week helps remove dead skin cells on the face. Having a clean face encourages growth of new facial hair.
Commit to the process of growing your beard.
As mentioned earlier, growing a beard is not easy as it takes patience and perseverance to achieve a full beard. Just don’t give up too quickly. There will be a point during its growth stage wherein hair becomes itchy and all you want to do is just scratch it.
It is during this uncomfortable moments when you will be so tempted to just shave it off than let it grow. It takes four weeks for the facial hair to grow in, so you will need to exercise extra patience. During these four weeks, you will go through urges of uncontrollable itching. If you have successfully passed that stage, your hair will soften and eventually the itching dies down. You hair will have fully adjusted when the growth becomes less irritating.
Have sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins.
Other than a healthy, balanced diet, supplementing the body with the right vitamins and minerals can really boost hair growth. You can take 2 mg of biotin daily to facilitate a speedy growth of facial hair including your nails. Fruits and vegetables are also a good source of vitamin-rich foods. These foods contain the much needed minerals and vitamins to make facial hair grow fast.
Try increasing your daily dosage of vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, flaxseed oil and nettle. These supplements are sure to facilitate fast growth of your beard.
Let your beard grow.
This means not touching your beard until it is full grown on its fourth week. Refrain from having to shave or trim it in an effort make it look clean. Beard grows faster if you don’t do anything with it. There will plenty of time for grooming after it is full grown by 4-6 weeks. Just bear in mind though, that facial hair growth is not the same as that of hair growth on the head where hair simply fills in the empty spots on your scalp. With facial hair, there may be certain areas where hair does not grow.
While you want your beard to grow quick, your patience will be tested during the process. If you just heed the tips on how to make your beard grow faster, you will most likely be growing your beard faster than normal. When the right time has come, you can do all you want with shaping your full beard into the way you want it.