Your Breville espresso machine must be kept clean to maintain the flavor of espresso or cappuccino. If you left the espresso machine unclean, the residue from the natural oil in coffee bean or mineral from water can build up inside your Breville espresso machine. You can perform regular cleaning after each use on your Breville espresso machine, and deep cleaning it every two or three months. Here is how to do that.
- Remove the filter holder out of your espresso machine after you finish brewing.
- Empty the coffee grounds and rinse the filter and filter holder in warm water. If coffee grounds stay within the filter, use a nylon scrub brush to clean it .
- Return the empty filter and filter holder for your Breville espresso machine and brew plain water into a cup for ten to 15 seconds. Dispose from the hot water inside the cup.
- Pull the froth enhancer off the steam wand right after using it and rinse it clean with warm water.
- Turn the selector control around the front of the Breville espresso machine for the steam position for two to 3 seconds to blow any milk out on the wand.
- Turn the selector control to "Stand By" and unplug the espresso machine in the electrical outlet. Let the machine cool before you continue.
- Clean the opening around the steam wand using the pin around the finish on the cleaning tool incorporated along with your Breville espresso machine. In the event the tip from the wand is dirty or seems blocked, you are able to twist it off together with the opening inside the center in the cleaning tool and soak it in hot water to remove any clogs.
- Remove the drip tray in the bottom on the espresso machine and empty it into your sink.
- Wash all the components on the drip tray with warm water and dish soap. Rinse the products and dry them ahead of returning them for your Breville espresso machine.
- Wipe down the outdoors of the espresso machine with a damp cloth.
- Set your Breville espresso machine to "Stand By" and unplug it in the electrical outlet.
- Fill the water tank of the Breville espresso machine with two components water and 1 part white vinegar. Should you have challenging water, use 1 part water and 1 part white vinegar alternatively to remove any mineral buildup inside the machine.
- Spot a large container onto the drip pan to catch the water and vinegar mixture.
- Plug inside your Breville espresso machine and turn it on. Wait for the orange temperature light to extinguish, indicating that the water is hot adequate for brewing.
- Turn the selector control to "Espresso," and let half in the vinegar and water mixture to run by way of the brewing head and into the large container.
- Position the steam wand more than the container and switch the selector control to "Steam." The rest in the mixture will flow out on the steam wand.
- Fill the water tank with clean, cold water and repeat actions 3 by means of six to rinse your Breville espresso machine.