If you’re an experienced Keurig user, you’re undoubtedly well during maintenance. These single-serve brewers are extremely handy, but they must be cleaned on a regular basis. One element you may not have considered is Keurig needle maintenance.
Keurig is one of the most popular coffee machines in the world right now. With 20 million US citizens owning a Keurig inside their house, we can see why it is such a big deal. Like all coffee machines, proper maintenance and cleaning are all part of extending the life of your coffee machine. Especially Keurig needle maintence. Before we start discuss how to clean keurig needle, we need to understand what is needle in keurig coffee machine.
What’s the needle?
To understand the problem, we have to understand the needle. The brewer’s top needle is the part that will pierce the foil on top of a coffee pod; this will allow for hot water to flow through into their coffee grounds, which allows your machine to make coffee.
Sometimes, the needles can become clogged with coffee grounds and dirt. This equals little to no water flow getting through the machine, with an inability to pierce through the top of the coffee pod.
Keurig Needle Maintenance – How to Clean Keurig Needle
Luckily, Keurig 2.0 needle cleaning is quite easy and does not take long at all; let us show you how to clean keurig 2.0.
Keurig 2.0 Needle Cleaning
Keurig needle maintenance is a simple operation. We’ll teach you how to simply clean the needle on your Keurig – without taking too much time. Scroll down for our straightforward step-by-step instructions:
- To perform keurig needle maintenance, switch off and completely unplug your Keurig; this will protect you from shocks.
- Take remove the pod holder from the machine. Lift the handle on your Keurig, then grip the top of the pod holder and push the pod holder up from beneath with your other hand.
- Take the funnel out of the pod holder.
- After removing the funnel from the pod holder, wipe the exit needle with a toothpick or paperclip. Insert the pod holder into the tube by turning it upside down. For 30 seconds, move the toothpick/paperclip around to remove any debris and release any blockages.
- Rinse the pod holder and funnel under running tap water to completely remove the exit needle.
- After cleaning the exit needle, it's time to clean the entry needle. This is located beneath the brewer's head. The entry needle may be found by lifting up the Keurig brewer.
- Using a paper clip, remove any debris or blockage from the entry needle.
- Return your pod holder to its original position.
Order Keurig 2.0 Needle Cleaning Tool HERE at Amazon for the lowest price available:
Keurig 2.0 Needle Cleaning Tool: https://amzn.to/3thkgAr
How to clean the needle on a Keurig 2.0 without the tool?
To clean the Keurig needle on a Keurig 2.0 without the tool, it is very similar to cleaning a normal Keurig. Repeat the same steps as above.
How often should you change your Keurig filter?
One of the most crucial components of replacing a Keurig filter is the water filter. The filter on a Keurig is only meant to last for a specific number of brews, so how frequently you use your Keurig will determine how long it will last. Keurig recommends changing your water filter every two months on average.
Why is my Keurig spitting out coffee grounds?
This can be caused by coffee grounds or just grime clogging the exit needle. This is quite common, so no need to worry. To fix this problem, normally, just a good clean of the exit needle will fix the problem.
Things to keep in mind during needle maintenace on your keurig machine
When changing a Keurig needle, keep in mind that the needles are extremely pointed and capable of penetrating flesh, as the needle's function is to puncture through pods. So, when cleaning the Keurig needles, be cautious since they might be painful. Also, before cleaning the Keurig needles, make sure the machine is disconnected from all electrical sources because we don't want anybody electrocuted.
There you have it, an in-depth guide on how to clean your Keurig needle. We hope this article was able to help you on keurig needle maintenance, and thank you for reading.